SOLUTION ARCHITECT/PRE-SALES CONSULTANT (F/*/M), FULLY REMOTE
Frontastic is looking for a Solution Architect/Pre-Sales Consultant (f/*/m) as full-time or part-time employee or freelancer. We are a remote-first company currently operating in the Europe/Berlin timezone.
As Solution Architect you are the technical pillar of our arising sales team and support us in the distribution of Frontastic. You will work closely with developers of partners and potential customers, convincing their technical decision-makers and making sure that our solution scenarios fully meets customer needs.
You have a background in Software Engineering and a deep understanding of the E-Commerce industry? You are communicative and love to talk with tech teams, CTOs and decision makers of potential customers on equal terms? Then this position could be perfect for you!
This is not a junior position, which doesn’t mean you must have worked in this role before. In any case, you are aware of your technical ambassador talent and are able to excite people.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You demonstrate the Frontastic platform (architecture and functional scope) and participate in follow-up sales meetings to discuss and finalise technical questions with our customer tech teams and/or CTOs
- You take responsibility for all technical questions in the sales team
- You perform hackathons and proof of concepts workshops together with partners and customers
- You educate and empower developers who want to build on Frontastic through technical content, including sample applications, presentations and blog posts
- You give customers support in the development of the overall architecture including other involved systems and the migration strategy
- You develop convincing customer-specific answers in the technical part of requests for proposal and specifications
- You may speak at meetups and conferences
- You may speak at meetups and conferences with a focus on Germany
WHO YOU ARE
- You reside and work in Europe
- You have good writing and communication skills in English
- Speaking German is an advantage (but not necessary), as we currently have a large share of German customers.
- You’re an experienced software developer, you have written and deployed a production application more than once. Experience with React, Atomic Design Patterns and Service Oriented Architectures are a plus.
- You understand that there are always trade-offs between different software architectures and are able to discuss requirements and solutions without with openess and respect.
- You’re experienced in the e-commerce field
- You understand customer requirements and problems and are able to translate them into product features
- You can relate technical benefits and constraints of a platform to business requirements and are willing to embrace problems by non-technical shareholders and incorporate their requirements.
- You have an open and honest personality with a good sense of humour and a confident appearance
- You’re good at networking and getting in touch with others quickly
- You have a well-structured working style and are used to managing many projects at the same time.
Please note: this role does involve a substantial amount of travel (up to 20%) mainly within Europe.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our team strives to improve themselves following these guidelines:
- We offer a friendly learning environment and try hard not to blame anyone for not knowing something and actively encourage mentoring of your peers.
- We use practices like pair programming, mob programming, test driven development when it makes sense and continuously refactor our code to constantly share knowledge and keep the amount of technical dept low.
- The same goes for us as a company. We continuously refactor our rules and guidelines. Over all we have a very transparent, helpful, warm, familiar employee culture.
- We are a remote-first company with regular meetings in-person. We use tools like Email, AirTable, Hangouts and Slack to stay in touch during our daily work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If we receive job applications from yet underrepresented groups those applications will be preferred.
COMPENSATION & HOW-TO APPLY
For this particular job we are offering to pay between 60.000 € to 100.000 € based on experience and skills. Optionally you can get Virtual Shares from our Virtual Shares Options Program (VSOP) as part of your compensation.
If this job sounds interesting to you, please send a letter of motivation, CV and your earliest possible starting date to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do you still have a question? Do not hesitate to get in contact via mail!