As part of our engineering team you will be responsible for building our product, an advanced machine learning algorithm within search personalization for e-commerce. As demand for our product continues to increase, we are on a journey to grow the team substantially in 2020. We’d love for you to join us.
About the role:
You will be part of a small team that moves fast and iterates. We do weekly sprints, code reviews, testing, and put a lot of emphasis on code style, cleanliness and robustness. You will get to work with amazing engineers specializing in machine learning and distributed systems.
Your responsibilities include:
- Managing and improving Findify’s data pipelines - a crucial responsibility for us as Findify collects millions of data points every day to feed our machine learning algorithms
- Enhancing some of the critical components of our system to successfully integrate our customers’ products and improve our search capabilities
- Actively contributing to the overall design of our infrastructure and the application of our product vision
You are a creative problem-solver with passion for programming and building scalable architectures.
- Initiative-taking; you are self-motivated, a doer, and can drive projects from start to finish
- A team-player; you are comfortable working with different styles and believe (like us) that together we achieve much more than alone
- Driven; you are used to working hard to achieve a goal you care about and running several projects in parallel
- A great communicator; you are comfortable communicating in English both written and oral, including leading meetings, selling your ideas and storytelling
- A BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- At least 3 years of Scala work experience
- Experience with relational database systems such as PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with Akka Stream, Akka HTTP or Flink
- Experience with Git
- Working knowledge with Linux/Unix
We’d be extra impressed if you also have:
- Experience with AWS / key-value databases such as Cassandra / data-mining / machine learning / search frameworks such as Lucene / e-commerce platforms
- Dev-ops skills
- Experience in working in/with remote teams
- Experience in working in agile/lean methodologies
- A side project or blog that showcases your passion
Location: remote. Flexible within timezone CET +/-2
We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better products we build and the better we are able to serve our customers. Women and other minorities under-represented in tech are strongly encouraged to apply.
ABSOLUTELY NO HEAD-HUNTERS OR AGENCIES, PLEASE
Remind me later
Or, know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!
Share Tweet Share
Head of Product
Why work with us?
At Findify you get to work with amazing and passionate colleagues on some truly awesome technology. What’s not to love? We also offer you a chance to be challenged, make an impact, work flexibly, be part of a team and all this in an international work environment.
- Working with the kind of advanced AI/ML technology that we do means there is always a cool challenge waiting to be solved. We have developed one of the most advanced AI algorithms in e-commerce in the market, and we love to think creatively on ways to make it even better.
- Although we are constantly growing, we still act like a small company where everyone’s voice is heard, and where if you have a cool idea you can implement it by tomorrow. Whether you’re working on our product, sales or communication, you’ll have a chance to make a difference from day one.
- Whether you are a parent or a semi-professional skier (we have both on the team), we believe that work should fit into your life and leave energy for the things you love. We offer flexible work arrangements in both time and place to help our employees manage this.
- Team feeling
- We are a diverse team with a variety of nationalities, perspectives, and skills. We truly like working with each other and we have lots of fun together. We try to meet each other at least twice a year for an international off-site.