Who We Are:
RAIN is a digital consultancy who is the preeminent leader in Voice and Conversational AI. We help clients navigate voice technology. We combine strategy, technology, and creativity to drive growth for our clients and use data-driven insight to design and implement voice ecosystems to help leverage a shifting technology landscape into a competitive edge. We’re guided by the belief that technology is, by definition, an extension of humanity, and that great ideas come from a desire to enhance the lives of real people.
At RAIN, we want to work with people of different backgrounds who come from different paths in life. We want individuals who can bring diverse perspectives and experiences to our culture and company. We believe that transparency builds trust, so we default to disclosure in our communications. We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment.
Restless & Ready. These are the two attributes that mark the talent thriving at RAIN. We look for people who don’t fit the traditional mold, with skill sets you don’t often see in agencies and consultancies. Said differently, we’re always keen to add more unicorns to the stable. We look for people motivated by big ideas and determined enough to make it a reality.
If this sounds like you and you love technology, read on…
About the Role:
RAIN has already made an impact in the Conversational AI industry with our services. We are in the process of productizing our voice service offerings. This is where you come in; we are looking to hire a talented Senior Product Manager (Sr. PM) to lead this new product initiative. This is an amazing opportunity to have ownership over a product and make a name for yourself in a quickly growing industry.
The Sr. PM will be the glue of our organization working closely with all departments across RAIN and senior management, in addition to participating in regular discussions with clients to launch products and features that move the needle. You’ll be responsible for the success of products from initial conception to launch, including product strategy, roadmap, and requirements for RAIN. You’re a great fit for this role if you are a professional and engaging communicator with a proven track record of product development successes, particularly in a dynamic, agile startup or fast-growing tech environment. We’re looking for a Sr. PM who is technical, intelligent, thorough, and articulate. Experience with voice technology is a huge plus. Passion towards voice technology is a must.
What You’ll Do:
- Work through all aspects of the product life cycle. This includes: market needs, product vision and strategy, roadmap creation and communication, release planning, requirements gathering, functional specification through to client enablement and success.
- Become an authority in your product area. You’ll identify client needs and business opportunities through a combination of user research, collecting feedback from key stakeholders, diving into data, and competitive analysis.
- Create, define, and update the product roadmap while working closely across cross-functional teams to ensure consistency is achieved, dependencies and risks are raised, and development efforts are not duplicated.
- Leverage process and create a structure to help teams be the most productive.
- Partner with your engineering team to achieve successful outcomes by clearly communicating business needs, requirements, prioritizing backlogs, and removing friction from the product development process.
- Adopt a mindset of product iteration through analytical experiments and calculated risks
- Solve ambiguous problems, which you will define the scope and direction for in collaboration with your stakeholders and engineering counterparts.
- Through collaboration, you routinely deliver meaningful results for the business. You share and celebrate and build momentum around positive results. You learn and course correct when you don’t get the results you want.
- Stay on top of technology and capabilities being developed in the industry. Understand how these new technologies may be applied to products at RAIN.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4+ years of experience in a product manager role at a startup or fast-growing tech company. Ideally, at a B2B SaaS or tech company, with a track record of owning features and products, end to end.
- Love products and see what others are building.
- Experience building user-facing products; experience defining product management’s role in an organization would be a plus.
- Data-driven - ability to analyze and use data to inform decisions on where to invest and to measure progress towards goals.
- Familiarity or direct experience with common tools for collaboration (i.e.: Slack, Confluence, Notion), task management (i.e.: Trello, Asana, Jira), feature flagging (i.e.: Launch Darkly, Split.io) and other tools as needed for creating, documenting and managing the implementation of product roadmaps.
- Keen listener and collaborator who can partner with stakeholders to deeply understand the underlying needs of clients/prospective clients, and problem-solve creatively.
- Experience with leveraging data to inform product development decisions.
- Strong technical fluency that allows you to communicate effectively with developers to understand their objectives and pain points.
- Design-driven and have a passion for usability and simplicity.
- An entrepreneurial and self-driven personality - you thrive in startup environments and show persistence in the face of challenges. You maintain a strong bias for stepping up and taking action-yet demonstrate a willingness to learn and receive guidance.
- Lean toward influencing others and building consensus.
- Empathetic – you care deeply about the client experience.
- Comfortable working with multi-location and distributed workforces.
Our office is located in the Flatiron District in NYC with remote team members across the country. Currently, we all are working remotely and will be flexible for the future.
What We Offer:
We genuinely care about our employees’ happiness and engagement.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Health, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Generous Paid Time Off that increases with tenure and seniority.
- Mental Health/Wellness perks. Including 2 RAIN Check Days- for those days when you just need to take a rain check from work, we get it.
- Volunteer Days.
- 401k plan with employer contribution.
- Short/Long Term Disability.
- Fully stocked kitchen (when in the office).
- Commuter subsidy.
- Challenging problems to solve and an awesome team to collaborate with every single day.
- Work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
- Salary will be evaluated commensurate with experience and location. This role will be eligible for a year-end discretionary incentive award.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
RAIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at RAIN are based on strategic business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other protected status.