We are looking to add a UX specialist and front-end developer to our small team of domain experts and developers building the next generation of healthcare workforce management systems.
We are looking for someone to take the lead on defining, designing and developing the front-end of our NHS appraisal, job planning and 360 multi-source feedback systems, highly regarded by clients and doctors alike for their breadth of features and simplicity of use.
We are working on a number of ambitious new features and you will be expected to work on everything from minor enhancements of existing functionality to playing a key role in defining and developing the UX and interface of new modules. In addition, we plan to enter new segments with new products.
Your experience will be in building SaaS products, maybe with a business focus, and with experience in healthcare management systems being an added bonus. You will be comfortable working in an agile environment, able to juggle both a long-term roadmap and requirements which may change at short notice.
You will be willing and able to learn the intricacies of a complex domain from both our team and from clients/users, and skilled at turning that knowledge into highly functional interfaces that are both information-rich and simple to use.
We are fully remote and you will be experienced at managing your own time and delivering to tight schedules without close supervision but with the full support of our tight-knit team, working closely with product managers and reporting to our head of development.
Alongside your technical skills, you will have excellent communication and collaboration skills, fluent in both written and spoken English, equally at home talking to users in domain terms as taking a detailed technical perspective.
- UX in an SaaS product setting
- UI design of forms, dashboards, data visualisation and workflows
- HTML, CSS + LESS
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Right to work in the UK and clean background check
- Experience with Ruby on Rails projects
- Working knowledge of Ruby to develop simple helpers
- Experience of adding Vue.js and Typescript to an existing project
- Experience of using Adobe XD or similar to create a design library
- 5+ years relevant commercial experience with 2+ years taking the UX/UI lead on projects
- Working with clients and users to understand and document complex requirements, and leading both internal and external workshops to explore those requirements
- Turning requirements and specifications into usable designs that are solidly grounded in the user’s domain and which are attractive and simple to use without being flashy
- Proven ability to take a lead role in developing a product’s UX/UI
- Delivering simple, usable but highly functional interfaces encapsulating complicated user interactions to meet highly constrained business rules
- Experience of data visualisation and business intelligence a benefit
- Experience of working with NHS or healthcare clients a benefit
- Experience of working on HR or workforce management systems a benefit
- Delivering clean, maintainable code in line with modern standards and practices
- Working to improve and extend an existing codebase while bringing fresh insights to new features
- Working across the full development cycle from initial requirements through mockups, specification and design to development, testing, delivery and support
- Ability to write clearly and communicate with everyone from non-technical users to detailed-oriented back end developers
- Working in an agile environment as part of a small team where everyone has to be flexible and focused on getting things done in the face of rapidly-changing requirements
- Managing your own time and delivering to schedule without close supervision (we are fully remote with occasional team meetings in London)
- Full-time permanent preferred
- Contract applicants will be considered
- Highly competitive salary (dependent on relevant experience) plus pension
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays
- Learning/training allowance
- Remote working with flexible hours