GitHub’s Global Support organization is looking for a motivated, passionate, experienced, results-focused Instructional Designer to help plan, create and maintain training materials across the Support organization. This individual will work closely with the Lead Instructional Designer and Lead Content Strategist, in addition to technical stakeholders and subject matter experts, to help design and develop training that effectively addresses the needs of the Support Organization. The Instructional Designer will utilize instructional methodology to analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate technical training materials. The ideal candidate will have a combination of training, instructional design, and project management experience to assist in designing and developing learning solutions for multiple delivery methods including eLearning, instructor-led, virtual, and blended instruction. The learning materials will span technical onboarding, upskilling, new product releases, and certifications. The ideal candidate will be analytical, logical, organized, and creative to design courses that engage and equip the learners to do their best work possible in supporting GitHub’s users.
- Work with the Lead Instructional Designer in performing Support specific needs assessments with stakeholders and partners to define training gaps, problems, challenges, and opportunities
- Participate in discovery meetings, help conduct interviews, and translate identified needs into concrete learning objectives
- Identify, locate and curate content across many platforms
- Work with the Lead Instructional Designer and business partners to determine certification and professional development learning needs and pathways
- Work with Lead Instructional Designer to design, develop, and implement measurement and evaluation strategies
- Write concise, creative, and effective instruction that in future could include storyboards, scripts and prototypes
- Adhere to training templates, standards, style guides and LMS specifications
- Work directly with technical subject matter experts to capture Support specific knowledge and translate into repeatable and measurable learning solutions
- Ensure that learning solutions incorporate best practices in adult learning theory
- Ensure the final project deliverables are the highest quality
- Provide input into work estimates and timelines
Key Skills & Experience:
- Familiar with adult learning principles, learning theories, and instructional methodologies and models, such as ADDIE, SAM, and Kirkpatrick’s Levels of Evaluation
- Familiar with industry best practices in facilitation, training, and blended learning solutions
- Familiar with audio and video, compression methods, file types, and formats
- Clear and effective writer with technical Learning and writing experience
- Action Oriented, innovative, and comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Familiar with best practices in behavioral and cognitive sciences
- Familiar with industry standard authoring tools
- Familiar with video authoring and editing tools such as Camtasia or Premier Pro
- Experience with Lessonly learning management system and authoring tool - Preferred
- Experience with Degreed learning platform - Preferred
- Experience with GitHub - Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, Communication or English.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in design and development of instructional material in a corporate setting, producing creative learning solutions
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Strong level of professionalism, customer obsession, and a growth mindset
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.