At Monzo we do things differently: we truly care about providing a phenomenal experience for our customers. We believe there’s a better way to do banking, and we want to be the best possible (fully compliant!) bank without getting stuck in the old ways of doing things. We operate a “three lines of defence” model of risk management at Monzo: you’ll be sitting in the second line as part of our Risk and Compliance team.
We're looking for a Conduct and Risk Cultural Change Lead to design and lead a cultural change programme across Monzo to embed our focus on making money work for everyone, thinking customer first and growing Monzo safely.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working with Risk and Compliance Leadership to lead the design and delivery of a risk and compliance culture programme
- Working across all areas of Monzo including our product, engineering, marketing, lending and financial Monzonauts to develop a clear vision of what risk and compliance means in their roles
- Supporting and educating teams on how they can embed risk and compliance culture across Monzo
- Delivering strategies to embed risk and control thinking across Monzo embed risk (training, coaching, written materials, workshops)
- Measuring and evidencing how the Monzo culture is changing over time
You should apply if you have:
- an understanding of regulatory cultural expectations
- experience of working on a cultural change programme (ideally for a control function such as conduct, compliance, financial crime or risk)
- experience at a retail bank or other financial services institution (preferably retail bank)
- experience of developing and delivering training and development programmes
- ability to engage with stakeholders from various backgrounds from technical to C-suite
- knowledge of start-up organisations and how they operate, beneficial but not essential
- Salary is between £65,000 - 85,000 plus stock options and other benefits.
- We can help you relocate to London & we can sponsor visas.
- This role can be based in our London or Cardiff office and can be a fully distributed role
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The application process consists of a 30mins phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed by a practical written exercise and 2-3 interviews remotely via hangouts. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.