Renaissance® is the leader in PreK-12 learning analytics------enabling teachers, curriculum creators, and educators to drive phenomenal student growth. Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters------creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Founded by parents, upheld by educators, and enriched by data scientists, Renaissance knows learning is a continual journey------from year to year, and for a lifetime.
For more information, visit www.renaissance.com.
Empower People to Use Data to Increase Student Success
Schoolzilla is a product group within Renaissance whose mission is to change millions of students’ lives by enabling people to use data to run great schools. Teachers and school leaders need lots of data to make good decisions for their students, but most of them can’t get the data they need in any kind of useful, actionable format. Schoolzilla's team of developers, data visualizers, seasoned educators and K-12 experts have done just that: we've made data easy to find, understand, and act on for school districts everywhere. We've already helped thousands of schools make better, faster decisions with our platform.
Every day we live our founding values: Driven by Mission, Better Together, Teammates Matter, Equity At The Center, and Intellectual Humilarity (humility + hilarity).
The product team is responsible for ensuring Schoolzilla’s core products, Mosaic and the Data Warehouse Extension, empower educators and leaders with useful data. As a member of the product team, you'd be at the center of innovation and decision-making for how best to pursue this mission. This includes:
What You’ll Do
· Recommend new analytic capabilities to make available on Mosaic and in the Data Warehouse. (e.g. Credit Attainment, Classroom Exclusion Time)
· Define technical and business requirements for new analysis in partnership with the Mosaic product owner
· Study ways that our current users experience the product and identify key insights that will motivate product improvements and innovation
· Collaborate with product owners, data and web engineers to help improve the Data Warehouse product experience
· You have 1-2 years of experience in education data analysis. You've worked at a district, county office of education, an education consultant, a school or some other role using data to improve student outcomes.
· You are detail-oriented. You find joy in uncovering complexities and creating rules and clarity from ambiguity.
· You have strong beliefs that are weakly held. You are comfortable making your point but also hearing all sides and improving from the experience.
· You always have user needs in mind. You're thoughtful about what’s intuitive for others, what’s not, and why. You considers both form and function and care about making things beautiful and usable.
· You are mission driven. You feel a deep sense of ownership for your work, and a relentless desire to deliver better results. You're passionate about solving problems for our users.
● Learn more about what we do here: https://schoolzilla.com/mosiac-district-progress-monitoring/
● Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team and workplace that reflect the communities we serve. We especially encourage people underrepresented in the tech industry to apply, and welcome your application even if you do not meet every one of the above requirements.
● Renaissance does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We have offices in several locations and we are also remote-friendly, though candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.