GitHub is the place where over 50 million developers host and review code, manage projects and collaborate on the software that powers the modern world.
GitHub’s Strategic Finance team is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to focus on Business and Corporate Planning. The role provides the opportunity to build a diverse skill set centered around optimizing and scaling a high growth SaaS business.
Business Planning: You will be a key player in helping shape the business model for new products including collaborating cross functionally to develop revenue and COGS projections as well as considering Gross Margin, pricing and entitlement strategies.
Planning & Measuring: Collaborate directly with leaders of key business divisions and members of our senior leadership team to develop plans and set goals to enable the business to achieve its growth objectives.
Reporting & Communication: Drive accurate and engaging monthly reporting on the pulse of the business. Communicate and collaborate with business partners to gain insight and surface key financial and operational metrics.
- Work Experience: 3-6 years of relevant work experience. Examples include Strategic Finance / FP&A, investment banking / equity research, Corporate Finance / Valuations or VC / PE
- Technical Skills: Experience with sophisticated financial modeling and working with large data sets.
- Independence: Ability to work independently to scope uncertain projects and to influence others.
- Business Intuition: Solid understanding of the key drivers of a SaaS business.
- Detail Oriented: Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communicator with the ability to explain complex financial concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Interpersonal Skills: Build trust and effectively collaborate cross-functionally.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Legal: Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Location: San Francisco, CA / Remote West Coast USA
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.