About the Role:
We are looking for a Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to develop automated tests to ensure product quality.
SDET responsibilities include leading test efforts across multiple surfaces (Web, Desktop, Mobile), as well as designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions along the defect life cycle.
Music starts at Splice. As a collection of artists, producers, creators and collaborators, Splice sweats every detail involved in the creative process. From our expansive library of content, to the tools we provide, to our company work culture, we’re constantly evolving towards being the best advocates for our artists and employees. If you work at Splice you’ll be asked, “what does music mean to you?” That’s because music is at the core of everything we do. It’s why we hire trailblazers to help us solve problems, navigate uncharted territory, and change the industry for the better. It’s why we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and collaborate with to ensure that we’re growing towards a more inclusive and open minded reality. And it’s why we hold ourselves accountable for our part in shaping music creation.
Why Splice Quality Team?
You will be instrumental in the creation and extension of test automation, testing tooling in our CI/CD pipeline, and observability tooling for the wider organization, introspecting on build quality. This is an exciting time to make big impacts and positive change in a growing QA organization. If you have an SDET background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you!
- Design, develop, execute, and extend test automation
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Continually add, refine, improve quality observability tooling in our CI/CD pipeline
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Experience using tools like ClubHouse, JIRA, or similar defect tracking systems
- Implement quality assurance metrics tooling within a CI pipeline (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts, test coverage)
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Educate the larger organization in modern testing methodology, techniques
- 5+ years in an SDET or related role
- Experience with test case management systems (TestRail, Zephyr, qTest, etc.)
- Experience testing RESTful APIs and building integration tests
- Proficiency in SQL scripting (MySQL preferred)
- Proficiency in Object-oriented design, design patterns
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience with writing clear, concise, and comprehensive supporting test documentation
- Experience designing and writing test cases and as well as producing corollary test automation
- Experience with CI tools like Jenkins, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, Fastlane
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with mobile and native desktop application testing
- Experience with performance, load, and security testing
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.