We are looking for a fullyremote Data Engineer with experience in Spark and Scala. You will help us build efficient data pipelines and assist Data Scientists to conduct their analyses.
Why Work With Us:
We’re a small (but growing!) team that is very strong technically. You’ll be working alongside seriously talented engineers (Data Engineers with popular books published, awarded Data Scientists, etc.) with plenty of industry experience.
We’ll rely on you to help us build a world-class platform. Your role will be vital to help us transform the 500M rows of data we collect every day and make sense of it.
We work remotely. You work from where you want, provided you're based in Portugal, Ukraine or Poland.
This is a long-term full-time contract role. We care about job security for our team and we’re looking for people who want to grow with us.
What You’ll Do:
- Code effective Spark jobs with Scala.
- Design proper ETL process and ensure they run smoothly and stably.
- Support the Data Science team deliver their analyses and deploy them in production.
- Communicate with the Technical Architect to establish priorities and plan the application roadmap.
What You Should Know:
- Spark + Scala production experience
- Java / Python experience is highly valued
- Experience with Cloud providers is highly valued
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem is highly valued