We are looking to hire a number super passionate Financial Crime specialists who have gained exposure doing money laundering investigations to join our dedicated team and help Monzo’s fight against financial crime.
You will split your time handling financial crime tasks such as working transaction monitoring reviews and sanctions screens, writing Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) and investigating high risk account activity. The majority of your time will be spent on these financial crime tasks, while gaining an in-depth understanding of our customer base and the other problems they face.
At Monzo we choose not to split out different areas of crime. Instead we tackle all financial crime together as one team, including money laundering, fraud, sanctions breaches, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption and tax evasion. This means that you’ll get huge exposure to all types of financial crime activities and be trained to deal with all types of tasks.
You’ll spend your time:
- Making decisions across a variety of real-time queues, such as transaction monitoring, sanction screening and enhanced due diligence reviews
- Writing and reviewing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- Communicating with Law Enforcement
- Conducting quality assurance and training as needed for more junior team members
You should apply if:
- You ideally have gained 2+ years of experience in financial crime operations in either UK current accounts or business banking, completing tasks such as transaction monitoring reviews, sanctions screens and SAR writing
- You have strong decision making skills
- You are passionate about Monzo and putting customers first whilst also fighting financial crime
- You enjoy working efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- You're great at explaining things to people, and have flawless written English
This is a full-time distributed (remote) role. The application process consists of filling out these application questions (please take your time as we read these carefully!). You may then be sent through a task which you will complete at home.
If you are successful at this stage we will arrange a short call with you, following which we will invite you for remote interview 🙌