We’re looking for an individual with strong FinCrime experience to join us as a Team Leader (we call them "Squad Captains" here) and lead a team of Financial Crime Customer Ops (COps).At Monzo, we have a fresh approach to challenges and our teams are likely to be more diverse than those you have worked in before.
Your "Squad" will consist of around 16 COps of varying experience working on a wide range of FinCrime tasks including Transaction Monitoring, SAR writing, and Financial Crime related communications from other financial providers.As a Squad Captain, your job will be to manage each member’s personal and professional development, listening, guiding them through hard times and celebrating their successes. You will hold weekly meetings with your Squad members (as individuals and as a group) to ensure optimum performance and work closely with other FinCrime Squad Captains to ensure that best practice is shared. You’ll also aggregate the feedback from your Squad into FinCrime and operational leadership to ensure we continue to improve on our processes and tooling.
Every day you’ll spend your time:
- Coaching and supporting your team
- Helping your team with the most difficult queries and empowering them to build their knowledge around complex issues
- Managing performance by giving sometimes difficult feedback and helping your squad members to improve and learn
- Motivating your squad, particularly through challenging periods
- Ensuring everyone in your squad feels they have a voice
- Ensuring the secure storage and maintenance of sensitive personal data and performance related documents for reports
You should apply if:
- You're a subject matter expert in financial crime
- You have some management, leadership or coaching experience (this doesn't have to be within financial crime)
- You can draw upon and articulate previous FinCrime experiences (what's worked well and what's worked not so well)
- You are empathetic and and work well with people
- You are very hands-on and solve problems when you spot them
- You are comfortable moving fast and in control
While you will have some coaching, training or mentoring experience you can draw upon, it's possible you will be starting your people management journey and this may be your first team lead role. We will work with you to develop you as a leader as you lean on your FinCrime expertise and experience to get the very best out of your squad.
The interview process will consist of a call with the hiring team, a task and a set of face-to-face interviews.