When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology.
Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
For more information about Renaissance, visit https://www.renaissance.com/about-us/, and Schoolzilla, visit https://schoolzilla.com/about/.
Empower People to Use Data to Increase Student Success
Schoolzilla is a product group within Renaissance whose mission is to change millions of students’ lives by enabling people to use data to run great schools. Teachers and school leaders need lots of data to make good decisions for their students, but most of them can’t get the data they need in any kind of useful, actionable format. Schoolzilla's team of developers, data visualizers, seasoned educators and K-12 experts have done just that: we've made data easy to find, understand, and act on for school districts everywhere. We've already helped thousands of schools make better, faster decisions with our platform.
Every day we live our founding values: Driven by Mission, Better Together, Teammates Matter, Equity At The Center, and Intellectual Humilarity (humility + hilarity).
How You Can Help
Schoolzilla’s Product team is responsible for empowering school systems across the country to take data-driven action by delivering timely, accurate, and actionable data. As a leader on this team, you'll be at the center of product innovation. You'll collaborate with technical leads, engineers, designers, and your teammates to take ideas from concept to reality, utilizing your full range of product management and technical skills and a healthy dose of user empathy.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with technical lead to manage a team of engineers to present innovative, interactive data experiences
- Define problems, identify customer pain, and validate needs via data analysis, research and interviews to motivate product improvements and innovation
- Drive delivery of projects, translating customer and business needs into discrete product increments and requirements in collaboration with the engineering team.
- Utilize a measure-based approach toward validating, building and maintaining best-in-class applications and microservices that can scale by millions of students.
- Partner with peer product owners, product managers and engineers to target a new feature/product and then lead your product engineering team in planning for its execution
- Ensure that timely, accurate data is delivered to the variety of tools and systems that depend on it
- Collaborate across the organization to plan and communicate the product roadmap and ship cross-team features.
For this role you must have:
- Deep experience in K-12 data, as well as general knowledge of EdTech data specifications like EdFi, IMS Global, and Student Privacy initiatives.
- History leading and/or working with a team of engineers and non-engineers in designing, implementing, and supporting modern, enterprise-scale microservice layers and cloud-based web architecture.
- Proficiency with utilizing major relational databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server and Postgres
- Experience working in an Agile software development organization and leading Agile rituals
- Mission-Driven: You feel a deep sense of ownership for your work, and a relentless desire to deliver better results. You are passionate about solving problems for our users.
- A Lifelong Learner: You love learning new things. You're curious and ask good questions. You solicit feedback from others, accept it with grace, and act on it.
- User-Centered: You always have user needs in mind. You're thoughtful about what’s intuitive for others, what’s not, and why. You consider both form and function and care about making things delightful and usable.
- Flexible: You are comfortable with technical ambiguity and welcome rapid iteration
Bonus Points For:
- Experience in user-centered research and design
- Experience using non-relational data stores, such as document stores, key-value stores, and graph databases
- Experience working remotely or as part of a geographically distributed team
Medical, dental, vision including Health Savings Accounts
Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
Parental Leave – 20 weeks total, 14 weeks paid
Vacation Time Off
12 Holidays and 2 Volunteer Days
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
For information about Renaissance, visit: https://www.renaissance.com/