At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’ dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
R19468 State Product Manager (Auto) - (Open to Remote) (Open)
The State Product Manager is accountable for the overall profit and growth of Preferred Auto products for all assigned states across multiple distribution channels and consumer brands. Makes key decisions and owns the execution of rates & profit & growth initiatives. Maintains and communicates a detailed understanding of all state-wide performance indicators. Serves as a subject matter expert on issues that require innovative and creative customer-driven solutions.
**Work from home opportunity
Analysis, Identification of Root Cause / Solutions, and Oversight of Execution
- Identifies, develops and implements underwriting, pricing, and product recommendations to support profitability and growth goals for assigned states.
- Maintains knowledge of current market trends, competitor products and pricing, product success and shortcomings in order to reach market objectives.
- Analyzes internal and external data to identify marketing, underwriting and product opportunities.
- Develops and communicates a thorough and deep understanding of all state-wide performance indicators with accountability for driving desired profit and growth results in assigned area.
- Analyzes state results and develops reports and metrics to track progress toward the financial plan.
Cross-functional Profit and Growth Management
- Responsible for end-to-end development and deployment of Pricing, Filing, and Product strategies using fact-based decisions based upon a knowledge of the market, which includes competitors, regulatory and legal environment, claims handling trends, and distribution channels.
- Develops the operating and strategic plans for assigned states; leads execution of approved plans.
- Manages pricing target achievement for assigned states through the analysis development, preparation, approval and successful implementation in accordance with established schedules.
- Drives collaboration across business partners to formulate and execute business plans for assigned states; builds and leverages strong relationships with internal partners including pricing, operations, underwriting, marketing, IT, legal/compliance, claims, and partner management to form consensus on and move to needed actions.
- Overall responsibility for products growth, loss ratio, underwriting profit and legal compliance.
- Oversees and participates on major projects as determined by leadership.
Rate Revision and Impact Analysis
- Strategically plans/schedules rate reviews and major projects.
- Develop rate review proposals for assigned states and work with regulators to get them approved.
- Coordinates internal and external communication regarding rate, rule, and form revisions.
- Ensures rate review implementation.
- This position requires travel up to 25% of the time.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated P&L accountability and oversight in a Product Management business function (preferably w/ Personal Line Auto).
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and interpreting facts and data, including financial information, in a way that can lead to actionable conclusions.
- Demonstrated experience communicating to a variety of audiences to review findings, arguments, options, risks, benefits, and other issues in a frame of reference that the audience can understand.
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading large complex projects or programs with a cross-divisional impact toward intended results.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of root cause analysis and processes.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community !