We are Ascent. We’re on a mission to help our customers connect data, software and purpose to create extraordinary outcomes. You could say we are a digital transformation business. But we’d rather say we help people solve problems, or do new things, or do existing things better.
We specialise in software product development, analytics and data science, IoT solutions, machine learning, DevOps optimisation and modernisation of applications, data and platforms. And in case you were wondering, our customers are awesome. From smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics - we work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
Ascent is UK based with specialist hubs in Malta and Bulgaria and smaller local teams in 14 countries worldwide. We’re a 250+ strong team that’s growing – fast – in a vibrant market and we are continuously looking for new talent and perspectives. And right now we’re looking for experienced UI/UX Designers to help our customers define and deliver success.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a UX Designer who turns customer insights and feedback into design concepts and service blueprints with highly optimized experiences. Through an empathic design approach, the selected candidate will work with product teams to deliver customer experience delight to business across diverse industries and solution platforms. You will apply storytelling practice to ideate, communicate and ultimately help build solutions that leverage transformative technologies and emerging concepts across businesses seeking to create a competitive advantage through technology
The ideal candidate must have a strong understanding of design principles, an analytical mind and passion for understanding user needs and behavior. The selected candidate must be organized, self-driven, and proficient at creating functional wireframes, seamless workflows, and engaging aesthetics that bring modernized solutions to life!
As a UX Designer, you will be producing end-to-end UX design deliverables for cross-platform experiences creating wireframes and interactive prototypes. As part of your daily remits, you are expected to:
- Apply an empathic design approach to discover current and desired experiences; acquire user feedback without impacting negatively the experience of current users/clients and processes
- Understand user and customer limitations and expectations - work with the customer and users to conceptualize user journeys, site maps and information architecture
- Create candidate, client and internal user persona and differentiating value concepts
- Identify experience friction points and suggest concepts for problem solving - Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers to determine ideal design approach
- Communicate ideas and design proposals through internal and external use cases using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Build interactive prototypes using industry renowned tools (e.g. Invision) to clearly illustrate the proposed user navigation and behaviour as well as the look and feel of the proposed GUI.
- Adhere to the established company design governance standards
- Leverage metrics and user behaviour telemetry to identify usability issues and UX enhancements – experience in running usability testing sessions would be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with front-end developments aspects to be able to build and propose designs that can be technically and reasonably achievable.
- Be the user advocate – Constructively challenge assumptions by focussing on fundamental problem and solutions rather than technical or implementation considerations or biases
- Creates and executes ongoing user research plan throughout development as requirements and solutions change
- Self driven with ability to translate concepts into accurate user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences across a wide range of platforms (Web, mobile, others) factoring in accessibility constraints.
- Contribute to the strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core and new functions and features
- Self driven and self managed with good time-management skills
- Able to work individually or as part of cross-functional and cross-cultural teams, on site or remotely.
- 5+ years of experience in user interface, user experience and mobile design
- Ability to translate artistic, creative ideas into tangible concepts
- Strong communication skills – comfortable to collaborate, test and express ideas with internal and external stakeholders – ability to empathize with user needs
- Proficiency in UX design tools and prototyping such as Sketch, Invision, Figma, AdobeXD, Adobe Creative Cloud or similar tools
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum) software development environment
- Proficiency in English required: Additional language skills considered a bonus
- Certifications in usability analysis would be considered an asset
- Strong Portfolio of UX design projects (in which the candidate had extensive role and contribution individually or as part of a team) – IMPORTANT: Kindly make sure you have all the necessary disclosure permissions if you are sharing confidential designs and materials.
- Hands-on experience using and interpreting metrics from data analytics software like HotJar, Google Analytics and similar is considered an asset
- Bachelor degree in UX design, computer studies, or related digital interaction-design areas would be preferred
- Past experience leading UX teams would be considered an asset