At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’ dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
R19410 Product Owner (REMOTE) (Open)
As Product Owner, you will focus on executing the strategy defined by a Product Manager or Senior Product Manager. You will contribute to the product roadmap and set priorities for tasks within defined constraints. Troubleshooting and solving issues found in the customer experience will be accomplished by working with business and technical teams. Keeping relevant stakeholders (peers, Agile team members, and reporting manager) in the loop will be critical communication for the Product Owner, as will having developed excellent working relationships with cross-functional teams. You will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of a product and for scaling it across the Enterprise.
Job Level Summary
- Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and basic knowledge of related job disciplines.
- Solves complex problems.
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance.
- May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or may have accountability for on-going activities or objectives.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Successfully execute against a variety of product initiatives across all stages of a product's lifecycle, including early product planning, customer research and validation, roadmap planning, product development sprints, piloting, gaining early adopters, product launch, metrics analysis, and post-launch iteration.
- Serve as the “translator” for both the customer and market, as well as internal stakeholders, including but not limited to business lines, and cross-functional teams.
- Identify objectives and key results and analyze customer feedback and usage metrics to recognize key pain points and opportunities to address.
- Report on the outcomes of your team’s work and strive to provide transparency and accountability across your area of the business for your product.
- Train customers on new product features, partnering with Sales, Change Management, and leadership.
- Define product backlog items that ladder up to epics and ensure the backlog is visible, clear and prioritized.
- Identify, track, and mitigate product dependencies.
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction.
- Grow knowledge of how and when to leverage design thinking, UX, and other frameworks into the process for a flexible hybrid methodology that fits the team, product, and customer.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of software development process with an appreciation for maintaining a high-quality bar with low operational overhead.
- Experience in data-driven products, data science facilitation, and iterative development lifecycles to solve business problems.
- Ability to set and prioritize one’s own work agenda and drive team progress in focused areas by being proactive, detail-oriented, and a strong team player.
- Proficiency with JIRA or other agile development workflow tools, along with digital road mapping solutions.
- Familiarity with Cloud products, architecture, microservices, and concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals.
- Comfortable assessing and taking risks.
- Ability to develop, lead, and motivate teams
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
In this role you will be supporting our Commercial Line (habitation) segment.
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks
- Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions
This position is open to remote workers
#LI-remote #remotejob #workfromhome
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!