At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’ dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
R19310 Technical Product Manager - Open to Remote (Open)
As Product Manager, you will truly straddle the strategy and execution of the product. You’ll be responsible for managing the evolution of your product across multiple dimensions (e.g., feature & functionality, cost, risk and support), working with key internal and external stakeholders. As such, you will conduct analyses of market trends, customer empathy, and internal and external data to define a differentiated product vision that delivers unique value. You will act as the primary point of contact for all aspects of the product related to business stakeholders, partners, and customers.
This role is responsible for representing the technical products and services within the Enterprise Technology Organization including Products that enable Developers/Engineers and products that enable Field & End Users.
There are multiple positions available.
The role can be remote.
o Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks
o Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions
Job Level Summary
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own job discipline or field.
- Leads others to solve complex problems.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- May lead functional teams or projects.
- Lead the product vision, strategy, and operational planning— as well as successfully execute against a variety of product initiatives across all stages of a product's lifecycle, including early product planning, customer research and validation, roadmap planning, product development sprints, piloting, gaining early adopters, product launch, metrics analysis, and post-launch iteration.
- Define product strategy and vision and then develop a creative, high-quality, and clear product roadmap.
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analyses into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction.
- Identify objectives and key results and analyze customer feedback and usage metrics to recognize key pain points and opportunities to address.
- Gather information and data to guide build-buy-partner options to solve customer problems.
- Serve as the “translator” for both the customer and market, as well as internal stakeholders, including but not limited to business lines and cross-functional teams.
- Understand how and when to leverage design thinking, UX, and other frameworks into the process for a flexible hybrid methodology that fits the team, product, and customer.
- Prioritize initiatives and get commitments from internal stakeholders using excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Mentor and grow more junior members of the team.
- This position requires travel up to 10 % of the time.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own initiatives, line of business, and associated stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of software development processes with an appreciation for maintaining a high-quality bar with low operational overhead.
- Experience in data-driven products, data science facilitation, and iterative development lifecycles to solve business problems.
- Adept ability to gather information and data in build, buy and partner options for solving customer problems.
- Demonstrated experience deriving key insights and patterns from customer interviews and using that input to clarify problem statements.
- Demonstrated experience navigating matrixed organizations and teams with proven success in leveraging the right people and resources at the right time for consistent and dependable delivery.
- Proven success in building, developing, leading, and motivating teams, with or without direct reporting relationships.
- Solid track record of taking end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition, with a strong focus on KPIs and metrics.
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!