We are seeking a Product Manager to join our exciting start-up, taking the product lead within a high performing agile engineering squad, and playing a key role in building and delivering the world's first Human Risk Management Platform (SaaS).
The OutThink solution leverages psychology, human-centred security research, data science and ML to gain deep insight about specific individuals/groups’ attitudes and behaviours, to tailor cyber security awareness training and deliver improvement actions – helping people build digital skills for the 21st century.
You will proactively drive the development of the platform and new features, with innovative ideas and powerful solutions.
You’ll take ownership of your projects from day one. You’ll move things forward; shape the processes and help choose the tools you need to do your best work.
You will be the Product lead in a multi-disciplinary squad and will have the opportunity to work closely with our executive team, customer success team, customers and prospects. This role is a mixture of operational, hands on involvement and strategic vision.
This is a predominantly remote role in a remote team where open feedback, new ways of working and thinking out of the box is not only encouraged but expected.
- Proactively define product requirements, together with technical strategy requirements, to build detailed user stories.
- Establish product vision, while skilfully balancing business goals. Drive innovation, speak to internal stakeholders, prospects, customers, research the industry, and invite feedback.
- Setting the long term roadmap for your squad; defining, managing, and driving large-scale programmes of work from start to finish, balancing competing priorities, and making value-based decisions to ensure we're working on the most impactful things that keep our solutions at the forefront of the market, and at the same time being both highly reliable and secure.
- Collaborating with the Head of Content and engineers in your squad to break down large programmes into deliverable projects. You'll need to have a solid understanding of data science, machine learning, AI and the technologies we use in order to contribute to systems design where needed.
- Forming a strong partnership with the Head of Engineering and other leaders across the organisation to ensure our squads are well equipped to succeed. Initially you won't be managing anyone in this role but being able to give direct feedback and partnering with others to drive improvements and forming a blueprint for future squads is an important part of what you'll be doing.
- Support with the onboarding of new clients and use this as an opportunity to understand clients’ needs, minimum product requirements, features we need to prioritise and identify product development opportunities.
- Participating in daily scrum meetings, planning, demo, retrospective, and backlog refinement sessions to ensure fast progress towards realising the product vision.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years Product Management experience from a digital product (preferably SaaS) company, driving development of a highly successful and technically challenging product.
- Experience and deep interest in data, ML, AI, numbers, new technology and innovation.
- Engineering degree and/or extremely strong technical background.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: You’re comfortable moderating technical discussions in a team of skilled professionals, communicating goals, vision, and showcasing complex problems with a passion for finding pragmatic and smart solutions.
- Ability to learn new processes and concepts fast with a demonstrated sense of curiosity.
- Intrinsic drive and motivation to build a world first product and share our start-up vision.
- Fluent English.
- Cybersecurity experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure platform (including security products)
- Experience with JIRA.