At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’ dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
R18808 Commercial Lines Product Manager - AmFam Brand (Open to remote) (Open)
Job Family Summary
Accountable for product premium volume growth and profitability results. Will manage relationship of every aspect of assigned product through interaction with relevant departments such as Claims, Underwriting, Sales/Marketing, Customer Service, and outside contracts (agents, regulators and industry groups). Develops action plans and strategic direction for functional areas and maintain alignment with other product managers to ensure successful development of the entire product line.
Job Profile Summary
This is the third-level role in the Product Management job family. Monitors and analyzes the performance of the line or book of business, provides product strategy recommendations to divisional and departmental leadership as well as the strategic business unit (SBU) process at the state, regional and/or corporate levels based on performance data and develops initiatives related to the profit, growth and pricing of lines products. Provides expertise to internal and external business partners regarding products or line of business for profit, growth and departmental initiatives. Supports leadership in developing and executing on product strategies. Demonstrates leadership skills by leading or participating in operation projects.
Job Level Summary
- Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and basic knowledge of related job disciplines.
- Solves complex problems Works independently, receives minimal guidance.
- May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or may have accountability for on-going activities or objectives.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Provides analysis, recommendations, direction and support to functional business partners via the SBU process on corporate objectives relating to commercial lines profit, growth, retention and overall book of business.
- Develops and implements long term strategies in support of the overall product strategy.
- Analyzes product lines, agent, and district or state level books of business.
- Evaluates profit factors in area of responsibility.
- Makes recommendations to improve profitability.
- May serve as project lead for projects or key initiatives.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with other lines to identify product gaps and opportunities.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Demonstrated experience performing complex financial, actuarial or business analysis.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of customer, business industry, insurance, underwriting guidelines and risk concepts in area of expertise.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills to review complex products, and/or lines of business.
- Demonstrated experience making independent decisions.
- Demonstrated experience in project management methodologies, practices, techniques and tools.
This position is open to remote work
The preferred candidate has:
Commercial Insurance experience
Worked in an agile environment
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks
- Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions
- Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not be considered for this position
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!