At Doist, our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a more fulfilling way to work and live.
We're a multidisciplinary, fully remote team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and we seek to rethink how productivity tools are made.
When you become a Doister, you’re not only joining a global, remote-first company, but a team of 60+ people who value:
- Feeling empowered to achieve their ambitions
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness, and diversity
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
- Making long-term, high-impact decisions, even if they’re harder
We invite you to visit our blog to learn more about us, our values, and how we work.
As a product marketer at Doist, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work with and learn from teammates in many different areas like product, engineering, support, design and content marketing. In this position, you’ll collaborate with Neil, Becky, Fadeke, Brenna and the rest of the Doist team to plan, execute and analyze marketing and user education efforts across our different products, user bases and platforms.
This includes initiatives similar to:
You’ll use your meticulous attention to detail to track product specs and development, review updates and changes, and communicate those to our users and across the team; as a top-notch writer, you’ll draft, polish and publish multiple types of content like blog posts, changelogs, email newsletters, product guides, and messages to users; you’ll also help coordinate, launch, and measure new feature releases across the marketing, engineering, support and localization teams.
To thrive as a junior product marketer at Doist, you:
- Are empathetic to the user experience and can channel that empathy into the various types of content that you write, both long- and short-form.
- Consistently strive to perfect your writing skills and can provide evidence of previous experience writing long-form editorial, journalistic, or educational content either in a personal or professional context.
- Have successfully managed small to mid-scale projects from start to finish while keeping everyone involved on the same page about the schedule.
- Have a hawk-eye for even the smallest, most miniscule details.
- Feel comfortable communicating with different types of team members and are able to fluidly adjust your communication style according to the audience you are addressing.
- Have a deep interest in technology and product design, both B2C and B2B.
- Enjoy perusing examples of excellent design and UX – in practice, you have a good eye for design and can give basic creative direction to designers and illustrators.
- Are highly receptive and adaptive to feedback and are generally incredibly enthusiastic about learning new things and improving upon existing processes.
We’re bootstrapped, profitable, and committed to building a sustainable company that will grow for decades to come. We’ve built a benefits package that invests in our employee’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what that includes:
- Work-Life balance. That means 8 hours of work, 5 days each week (for a total of 40 hours) because the time you spend outside of work is just as important as the time you spend working.
- Flexible schedule and location. This is a fully remote position, so you can work from wherever you please and on a schedule that works best for you. All you need is a computer and access to a stable internet connection (which we sponsor!).
- Generous paid vacation. 40 days of paid time off to use however you like (vacation, national holidays, etc.).
- Paid parental leave. 18 weeks of paid maternity leave and 5 weeks of paid paternity/adoption leave.
- Education stipend. You’ll have a monthly budget to buy books, courses, and other resources you need to continue learning and developing.
- Competitive compensation.
- And much more!