At Slab, we build beautiful software for teams. We believe that a team's ability to store and organize information ultimately defines their ability to execute. Slab is like a knowledge base or wiki, but reimagined to be fast, intuitive, and powerful. We think of it as a long-term memory for teams.
We are a small team of experienced developers and designers on a mission to make work easier. Our CEO is the creator and maintainer of Quill, a popular open-source rich text editor, and sold a previous company focused on collaboration. Slab's approach to work is inspired by companies that have a big impact while staying relatively small. We embrace remote and flexible work arrangements.
In this role, you will be responsible for both our development and production infrastructure. Your impact will empower our engineering team to be able to build, iterate, and ship faster. In addition, you will help ensure a reliable, performant, and secure product for our customers.
Slab is backed by top-tier investors, including Matrix Partners, CRV, and NEA.
Technologies We Use
• React + Redux
• GraphQL + Apollo + Absinthe
• Phoenix + Elixir
• Docker + Kubernetes
• Google Compute Platform
Sound like You?
• You love delighting users by creating great product experiences
• You are proficient in Docker and Kubernetes on GCP; familiarity with Elixir/OTP is a plus
• You have experience planning, deploying, and maintaining production infrastructure appropriate to scale
• You enjoy empowering teammates with efficient tools and workflows
• You consider multiple ways to implement a change and choose the best one based on trade-offs
• You are passionate about certain technologies and have extensive domain expertise
• You communicate with clarity and precision, whether with teammates or users
• You love to learn and demonstrate the ability to do so very quickly
• You are self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic
• You identify with Slab's mission and values
If you are a previous start-up founder, open-source contributor, college dropout, or came to software engineering from a totally different field, we'd love to hear your story.
Compensation and Benefits
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• 7-year option exercise window
• $5k desk setup of your choice
• Free catered lunch (5x per week)
• Flexible work arrangements
Slab is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.