Βeat is a mobile app that transforms the way people move in their cities. Tap a button on your smartphone and you get a ride in just a few minutes. Beat’s mission is to become part of people’s everyday life by making transportation more affordable, convenient, efficient and safe, while providing enormous economic opportunities to thousands of people who wish to earn extra income as drivers.
Beat is part of the FREE NOW group, the ride-hailing joint venture of BMW and Daimler. The app was founded in Athens, Greece, starting its life as “TaxiBeat”. Within 3 years of operations in the Greek capital, Beat extended its service in Latin America, starting from Peru. Today, it’s the fastest growing ride-hailing service in this region, serving millions of rides every day. Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina and has a Tech Innovation and Engineering Hub in the Netherlands.
About the role
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who is passionate about automation and security, to join our Security Team and apply bleeding-edge security technologies on our existing infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of system and network security, hardening, and monitoring cloud infrastructure.
What you'll do day in day out:
- Engineer, implement and monitor security services aimed at protecting our applications, systems and networks
- Deploy monitoring tools and security integrations to our infrastructure
- Create and operate security tooling, systems, and libraries
- Protect network boundaries, keep systems hardened against attacks and provide security services to protect highly sensitive data like passwords and customer information
- Automate security testing and compliance in our release pipelines
What you need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, preferably in Security Engineering. Higher degrees are preferred.
- Experience in deployment and configuration of security appliances and services (Web Application Firewalls, Log Aggregators, etc)
- Solid foundational knowledge of technologies around network security including Linux, Cryptography, PKI, DNS, load balancing, IPSec, TLS and HTTP
- Experience in coding with languages like Python or Go
- Experience in system and network security, intrusion detection, authentication and authorization systems
What it's nice to have:
- Experience with cloud provider ecosystems (AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure)
- Experience with container security and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with or exposure to compliances (PCI, ISO 27k, GDPR)
What's in it for you:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Private Health Coverage on the Company’s group program
- Beat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button
- Breakfast, high-quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools, Spanish Lessons
- Opportunities to participate in cutting-edge training and conferences of your choice in Greece and abroad
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company
Please note that the position is remote, based in Europe & if you are willing to work remotely you will be a contractor.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.